In this webinar, Eastside Primetimers & social investor CAF Venturesome will give an overview of social investment for social sector organisations.
Understanding Social Investment
The funding landscape in the not-for-profit sector is ever changing and sector leaders are having to become even more innovative and flexible in finding ways to fund on-going provision of their services to those most in need. The rapidly growing field of social investment is one of the ways in which sector leaders can help to finance the work that their organisations do.
This webinar, hosted by Eastside Primetimers in conjunction with social investor CAF Venturesome, will provide an introduction to the social investment for social sector organisations.
The webinar will:
- Introduce the concept of social investment
- Explain who is involved
- Highlight the benefits of this approach
- Outline what is involved in making an application for social investment
- Describe how investors decide who to fund
- Illustrate how organisations including Eastside Primetimers together with CAF Venturesome can help charities and social enterprises who are getting ready to apply for social investment with expert support and funding (via the Access Reach Fund).
Date and Time: Wednesday 21st September 2022, 15:00 to 16:00.
Who should attend?
Anyone in the social sector who wants to understand more about this area and/or thinks it could be an option for their organisation.
- Jo Wedderspoon and Anne-Helene Sinha, Senior Development Manager and Senior Investment Manager respectively at CAF Venturesome, one of the first social investment funds in the UK, having made over 700 social investments totalling £63m since 2002
- Jo Simpson, Senior Development Manager at Eastside Primetimers. Eastside Primetimers has been involved in supporting organisations seeking social investment and reviewing their income generation strategies for many years and has supported more than 25 organisations to get investment ready via Access Reach funding.
- Kumar Ghosh is a Social Investment Manager at Barrow Cadbury Trust and a specialist Consultant for Eastside Primetimers
Date / time
Date(s) - 21/09/2022
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm